So I Married a Triathlete...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Recipe #12: Baked Cheesesteak Spring Rolls

Still working on doing 30 new recipes this year..... 12 down, 18 to go!  These were inspired by something we ate my last night in Pennsylvania at the American Bar & Grill in Lancaster.  We ate nothing but appetizers and wings for dinner... yum!  (I did end up paying for my fall off the food wagon though... I hate to say it but it was totally worth it!)

One of the appetizers we ordered was Cheesesteak Spring Rolls and I could have eaten nothing but that the whole night. YUM.  So of course, I wanted to recreate them in a slightly healthier version for Brian.  This was the tasty result!


Cheesesteak Spring Rolls recipe is here.  I changed it up by slow cooking the beef in the crockpot all afternoon, then baking the springrolls instead of frying them.  I actually bake eggrolls and chimichangas all the time.  To bake, I preheated the oven to 350, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.  I put all the springrolls on the pan and sprayed them lightly with cooking spray.  Bake about 12-15 minutes or until browned.  We dipped them in ketchup (didn't want the hassle of making a separate sauce, though this one sounds tasty).  YUM!  Give them a try, I bet you'll like them too!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YUM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

sounds tasty.

Heather Landry said...

It sounds good! I love that you baked them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails